Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Water + plywood = gross


I started taking Lucy apart today. All of the street side protrusions have been removed. The leftover tape came off pretty easily. I used a metal putty knife. I wish I had a plastic one though and will be purchasing one tomorrow. There is still a bit of residue that I will remove once the skins are off.

I also took all of the interior cabinetry dimensions and put them in a CAD program. This allows me to remember all the dimensions and it allows Jill and I to play with the design. 



Once that was complete I took out the windows on the curb and street side. This was surprisingly easy. This is also where I start to see the extent of the water damage. 




Apparently plywood turns to powder when exposed to enough water and time. These pics are of the curb side dinette window. The wood is just gone above it. The street side windows show some damage from window leaks but it is not too bad. 


To finish up the day I removed the kitchen  base cabinet. This was a lot of fun as I got to use my hammer to tear it apart. Tomorrow I attack the damaged ceiling.





No comments:

Post a Comment